Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"Any day now."

If I had a dollar for every time I was told that in the past few weeks!
People everywhere say it to me.
At work, at the grocery store, getting gas, on a date.
My favorite comment has got to be, 
"Whoa, that is a super pregnant lady!"
Yes, thanks for noticing.

39 weeks pregnant today and all we can do is wait.
It's nothing we have control over.
We wait, 
and wait
and wait.
Friday is my last day of work.
Part of me wants to make it until then and have a few days 
of rest and to get the house ready for his arrival.
But part of me just wants labor to come.
This pregnancy journey has been incredible. 
We praise God that our little guy has been healthy all along the way
(and me too)!
It's crazy to think I've been doing this since June.
And now we're so close to our prize.
Our bags are packed.
The car seat is installed.
Any day now we will finally meet him and our world will be changed forever.
On Saturday Jonny and I had just the loveliest day.
We planned to go for a walk in the park and then clean out the car and install the carseat.
But we ended up walking along a nearby street, 
window shopping and rummaging through flea markets
(my favorite).
Then we went out for what will most likely be our last dinner date as
just the two of us.
Last night we were reading from Richard Baxter's 'Christian Directory' and
he was imploring that husbands and wives should love and cherish
the company of one another over all other company.
It is a great blessing that we can say this rings true in our marriage!

I'm not sure what ends the newlywed stage of life... 
Your first anniversary? Your first child?
If it's either of those we're soon to be disqualified.
But we know that God has not called us to live for ourselves, 
but to give our lives for others. 
For each other.
For our children (however many we are given).
And for the world, 
that we might show the great love with which we have been loved by God.



1 comment:

Kate Elyse said...

this is really great Janaye.

looking forward to reading about your journey onwards!!

xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...