Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Two Months of Marriage

Whoa. We've been married 2 months already, time is flying.

We are settling back into life in Louisville, Jonny has picked up several shifts at the Seminary's cafe and I'm still looking for a job. 
In the meantime, we've made a quaint little home for ourselves here in this basement (pictures soon)! Yesterday, I ironed a bedskirt (also known as a dust ruffle, I know this because I've bought 2 (and returned 1) in the past 3 days). If ironing a bedskirt doesn't make me sound like a very married woman, I don't know what does. 

Everyone keeps asking me how marriage is going, and seem surprised when I tell them that I'm absolutely loving it! I mean, why wouldn't I? Jonny and I are two sinners, saved by grace and brought back to God by his loving kindness,through the righteousness of Christ. So anytime we annoy each other, which does happen, we can forgive one another knowing we've been pardoned by God on account of Christ's work on the cross. We are learning more about each other everyday, growing (by God's grace) in patience and understanding. 
*Like when I spent nearly an hour picking out that bedskirt (only to return it the next day) and Jonny just smiled and let me take my time.

Thank you Jonny for being crazy enough to marry me.
One of our very first pictures together, two years ago next month. Thankfully, that beard is gone.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...