Monday, September 26, 2011

happy birthday grandma, hope you like carrot cake.

As I mentioned earlier, we took a trip to the Ozarks this weekend past to celebrate my grandmother Janie's 70th birthday.  We had a good ol' (short) time visiting and got back to Louisville at 3 AM today. In honor of my grandmother I wanted to bake something, so I did. . . a very large carrot cake. I'm talking a 3 layer carrot cake people. It was almost a disaster considering I was short one egg and have never baked a layered anything. 

The top layer only slightly, kinda, slipped off twice. 

I don't know what possessed me to make such a ginormous cake. . . but hey, you only turn 70 once!

There was so much batter that I needed the help of my muscly husband to stir it.
After the first layer was sloppily frosted, still two more layers to go.


Livin' it up Grandma!


the birthday present that will hopefully bring her photos into the digital age. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...