Wednesday, October 02, 2013

six months, too soon


Here we are, 
6 months and 1 week into our first child's life.
I kinda had a teeny-tiny breakdown the other day
as I realized all the newness of our first baby is over.
Like, the boy is about to crawl.
 Well, maybe..we'll see.

In the past month, he has expanded his food repertoire
(avocados, bananas, sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, mandarin oranges)
and subsequently his belly.
Little man is chunking up.
He weighed 19.14 lbs,
measured 27.5 in.
Both of which put him in the 95th% for his age range.


His babbling vocabulary is also expanding.
Jonny has always loved being Owen's daddy, 
but it's been really sweet recently, 
watching the two of them interact now that Owen 
is more aware and responsive.



He got a Safety 1st bouncy car thing and loves it.
Even when he's not in it, 
if I say "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy"
he smiles really big and propels up and down.



He is waking usually twice in the night to feed.
The last wake is around 4:30-5:00AM 
and he would be ready to get the day started and party
 but I do everything I can to keep that from happening.

I am continually thankful that despite Owen's 
not so wonderful sleep habits, 
he generally is a happy baby.
Granted for a little over a month we've been battling teeth coming in.
(bottom two are up and doctor said the top two are making their way)
But even still he's a bundle of joy!


And a picture of Owen with his cousins (2nd or 3rd) on a trip last month,
just for good measure.


I realize this blog has become pretty much a
monthly baby documentation.
But hey, I'm a mom, and this is my life.
...and I love it.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...