Saturday, January 19, 2013

thoughts on 31 weeks and cloth diapers

I know I just did a thirty week post
but as of Tuesday I am now 31 weeks pregnant.

I have given notice at work that my last day will be March 15th
which is now less than two months away.
Things are starting to get real.
Nothing makes it more real than the piles of baby things
accumulating in our apartment.
Like cloth diapers for instance. 
Go on, shriek. 
Tell me I'm crazy.
I've heard it all.
Cloth diapers wouldn't be a common practice where I hail from. In fact, I'm pretty sure my 
mother thinks I'm nuts. And I'll admit it, not having a washer and dryer in our apartment may 
pose as a challenge,  but I'm determined (and Jonny too) to embrace 
the creepy basement in exchange for some serious $$$savings$$$.

We now have a total of 12 cloth diapers, which is encouraging because about two weeks ago we only had one.
One wouldn't get us very far now would it?

But I am beyond blessed that upon moving to Louisville, 
I quickly joined a women's bible study that was newly forming at our church,
At the time I was engaged and naive.
Here, I met some wonderful, wise and Godly women who have so loved and cared for me and
taught me, by example what it is to lay your life down for your husband and family.
It wasn't easy moving to Louisville, knowing no one besides Jonny.
A girl has gotta have some girl time...ya know? 
And though I'm positive you'd never hear that come from Jonny's mouth, 
he would definitely tell you I have been incredibly blessed by fellowship with these ladies.

Our bible study group is continually changing as God moves each family where he wills, 
to serve his kingdom and spread his glory.

All that to say, 
that last photo is from this past Saturday.
Two of my dear friends hosted a baby shower for me,
where our cloth diaper collection more than doubled! 
More than gifts, I have been showered with love and wisdom from these ladies,
for whom I am truly thankful to God for!






1 comment:

Hannah said...

love this post! so thankful that you and Johnny were brought to the ville! love being a part of the sweet fellowship at IBC with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...